Monday, February 4, 2008

springtime

i haven't blogged in a while, although, in my defense of sorts, i have written. today is one of the few times i wish i smoked inside my apartment. something about writing and smoking just going together so well. something about the nicotine sparks inspiration, something about the poetry of the smoke swirling, something about the whole ritual of it all helps me.

but alas, i don't smoke indoors and i own a slightly restrictive desktop computer, therefore, there will be no smoking.

i'm listening to 'hot chip,' myspace's artist of the day or week or month or whatever it is.

not convinced they're any good. thanks a lot, myspace, for your recommendation. next!

the super bowl was yesterday, the first year i've ever really done something for it and the first time i've ever been the least bit slightly kinda interested (go giants!) got to hang with some very cool people and eat very very good food, have some fun drinks (who drinks champagne at a super bowl get together?! me), i had a great time and it was one of the very very first times i've felt like columbia's not such a bad place and there are some nifty people here. i've expressed it before, i'm sure, and i've been highly aware especially more recently that the friends i've had in the past, all the way from 2nd grade to my senior year of college, aren't going to get replaced, replicated, nor bettered.

but only even more recently have i begun to discover that there are others out there and they're not the same, but they may very well be just as cool and just as interesting as long as i don't pre-judge them and give them a chance and open myself up a bit for more friendships.

it's hard when a few of the people with whom i surround myself are a) un-trustworthy, b) potentially bi-polar and c) make a habit of self-contradiction, but that's okay. i'll still open myself to the people i think are worth it and if it doesn't work out for me, i have so many people who truly do and always will have my back.

and isn't that, in the end, the entire point, really?

1 comment:

JenGreenwell said...

I love your writing.
very inspiring!