Thursday, February 28, 2008

the boots of my dreams.

they're now only FIFTEEN dollars. and still available only in a size SIX. oh payless, do you really want to hurt me? do you really want to make me cry??

so sad.

in other, happier, news, i'm in a spectacular mood on this lovely thursday. work was slow last night and i ended up getting out of there at around quarter til eight. nate then proceeded to taking me out to dinner--cheers to impromptu date night!!--at gervais and vine, where, surprisingly, i had never had the pleasure of eating. it was all delicious, from the red bubbly to the marinated manchego to the dark chocolate raspberry torte.

it pretty much made my week, although i'm hoping for big things tonight also, with a little outing to the whig. i'm off tomorrow and don't have huge plans for my day other than the gym pretty much so i kinda' want to let my hair down, have a couple drinks, and hang with some fun people. won't you join me?

made a mix cd today replete with new fun french disco-y tunes. been listening to the playlist all day with is definitely increasing the goodness of my mood. i'm optimistic about work this evening, about a night out, about my day off tomorrow, about life in general.

spoke with sean the other night, while slightly intoxicated therefore erasing most details of the conversation from my already questionable memory, but there was talk of a visit to south carolina. just when life is so fucking good, it gets better? i wasn't aware that was possible and yet...a short charlottesville visit in the near future to see one of my oldest and dearest friends for the first time in years, becca being on spring break soon, would love to hang out with my sister!! sometimes it hits me just HOW MUCH i miss her, then sean?! and THEN a visit to dc to visit nate's family in late march for his spring break, eat good food, see cool people...march is shaping up to be a beautiful month this year.

so even when the hot red ankle boots only come in a tiny tiny size six and even though they're only fifteen freaking dollars, life is pretty fabulous.

la di dah. le bonheur est le meilleur.

No comments: